Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Vegetarian Vegeroni Pasta with Tomato Sauce and Paprika Recipe


My kids love vegeroni pasta. It is a good way to get them to eat some greens. Actually, they love any type of pasta, as long as I cook it with a tomato based sauce. This vegeroni pasta is very colourful as well!
Ingredients
Vegeroni Pasta, 2 cups
Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon
Sweet corn, 1/2 cup
Carrot, 1 pc, cut into cubes
Garlic (optional), 3 pcs, chopped finely
Tomato paste, 1 can
Paprika powder, 1 teaspoon
Oregano (dried), 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Boil vegeroni pasta in hot water until it turned soft. Drain away water and put aside. Pour some olive oil in frying pan and put in the garlic. Add tomato paste, sweet corn, carrot, paprika powder, oregano and salt to taste. Stir until the ingredients are cooked. Pour the vegetarian pasta sauce over the boiled pasta. Serve while still hot.

9 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

This looks and sounds delicious, Pete. I'm trying to incorporate more vegetables into our diet. Some days with more success than others. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Stella said...

Hey Pete! This sounds great. I love that you added paprika too. That creates such a beautiful color in foods. I made my vegan 'chicken' noodle soup red today with paprika-it was nice (smile)!
Happy New Year by the way:)

Swathi said...

Pete,

Delicious. I am trying to add more veggies in my pasta.

Thanks for visiting my blog. you have wonderful space too

Unknown said...

Hey Pete,

Gorgeous looking past with veggies...:)

Dr.Sameena@

http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Colorful and delciious pasta..

Rumana Rawat said...

First time here, u have a very good recipes:)

Anonymous said...

Lovely vegetarian pasta dish! Delicious.

petite nyonya said...

yummzzz..i love pasta! more veggies (esp mushrooms!), the better!! :)

arjun said...

Do you want to eat Traditional Indian Foodat a sustainable cost? If yes, then I recommend you approach Sylvania Indian Restaurant and enjoy delicious Indian cuisine at a sustainable cost.